Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Still working on it...

The exciting life of an animation student.

We're like rockstars, I swear.

For the record, the white thing in front of the table is my light-reflector since I'm using natural light coming through the window behind me to shoot. It's just a piece of A3 paper folded and resting on top of some of my books, with a Terry Pratchett paperback making sure it doesn't blow away. The camera's not connected to any kind of laptop with stop-mo software, but I can pull up the images on the viewscreen on the top, though, and I regularly do movement checks to make sure my line of action is flowing smoothly and I haven't bumped the camera too much (though there have been some stuff-ups). I can't go back and fix serious problems so it's all pretty tedious moving the model on the background shot to shot, because I have to try and get the movement right each time.

I'm shooting on twos and trying to do it all with natural light (though I have the light on in this photo so you can see what I'm doing), but classes keep getting in the way and I may end up doing some final shoots with artificial lighting, which is annoying because the white balance on my camera gives everything a yellow tinge when I have tried this in the past. Oh well, that's what post-processing is for, I suppose.

This post brought to you by the letters C-O-F & E, and Dominos Online Pizza Ordering. Oh yeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment